Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Fri Dec 21, 2001  12:54 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Fantastic audition

Mirko,

How fantastic for you!! What a marvellous experience
as well.

Now then, some advice from an old campaigner. Bugger
the opera chorus, if they want you, do it. It will be
good for you, and I don't think you will suffer for
it. Do they use amplification? If so, that can make it
a bit easier on the voice. If not, well, you don't
have to shout your head off!! When my voice was
severely damaged at the Royal College of Music, the
teacher that got me going again was a Heldentenor with
a voice that wasn't so much sound, more like a
continent!! I got offered Evita, and he advised me to
take the offer as he said it would be good to see how
the voice would stand it (big risk, but hey, life's
too short to be dull!) and it would toughen it up
maybe? Well, he was completely right, and at the end
of it all, you have to be your own judge and jury!

I'm really happy to have heard such positive things.
Now, you have to be positive too, and GO FOR IT!!! I
won't take no for an answer!!

All the best,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!!!!