Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Dec 19, 2001  12:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Dangerous Liaisons opera...

Deal Diva Laura wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm wondering if anyone is familiar enough with the above-mentioned opera
> (perhaps the title is in french actually) and could tell me if there are any
> arias in it for a light soprano voice.
>
> Thanks very much in advance.

Laura, I have seen the opera, and I believe the ingenue role
(Uma Thurman's character in the movie) is a lighter soprano
role. But I don't remember the opera well enough as to
whether the character has an aria. I recommend that you
post your query on the opera list, as many people there saw
the opera.

I also recommend you go to the Opera-L archives at
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/opera-l.html and do a
search on Dangerous Liaisons, which will get you more info
on the opera, from reviews written when it premiered and had
a subsequent production at The Washington Opera. You can
also subscribe to the list from the web page If you
subscribe, but don't want to be overwhelmed with e-mail, as
it is a very high volume list, you might want to consider
subscribing to the digest version.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...