Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  <peggyh@i...>
<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Dec 18, 2001  3:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Suggestions for performance ideas

Tina Harris wrote:
<< I am a vocal/piano/community college choral instructor who wants to
performed more as a soloist. I solo often with my community choir and
church, I have played one role in a small community opera group, and have done
solo work for my previous voice instructor, but that's about it (since college
15 years ago). >>
<<My voice is now in it's best shape ever and I am looking for an opportunity
to show it off. >>
<<Any suggestions for getting my voice "out there"?>>

Since you're a member of the faculty of the community college, the first thing
I'd suggest is a recital at the college. You can publicize it to your heart's
content, and I'm sure your students and/or faculty colleagues would be happy to
assist in making a small reception afterwards for attendees, with you providing
the refreshments. You can publicize this to your hearts content - flyers,
notices in the various community listing and newspaper events sections,
invitations to people you might have on a mailing list including people you
might want to perform with, etc. That it's at a college gives it a lot of
credibility to start with.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...