Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Laurence Helleu <laurence.helleu@f...>
Laurence Helleu <laurence.helleu@f...>
Date:  Mon Dec 17, 2001  1:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] reading music : thanks

Thanks for all the informations to Elsa, David, Marie-Claire, Peggy, Dré de
Man, Margaret and Mike. I'm going to read Leonard Warren's boigraphy, and
will listen to Barbara Cook.
About Pavarotti : I asked a musical coach in the Opéra Bastille, he just
said ŒIf I were tou, I !wouldn't write he cannot read music¹!
Janine Reiss, a great musical coach especially known as french diction
coach, in a recent interview in a french book, says that some today singers
cannot read music, but she doesn't give any names.
But I think that's enough on the subject! Finally, I just wanted to know if
it happens that an opera singer learn a role entirely with a coach.
Thanks again.
Laurence

emusic.com