Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "conn1922" <john@c...>
"conn1922" <john@c...>
Date:  Wed Dec 12, 2001  2:00 pm
Subject:  Re: Dr. Doolittle song

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., > Hi all!

> I'm looking for the sheet music to the song "Fabulous Places" from
the movie
> musical Dr. Doolittle with songs written by Leslie Briceusse (sp?) and
> Anthony Newly. Actually, I would be interested to know if anyone ever
> published all the songs or a vocal selections collection for the
movie. I
> have been able to find one song already, the title one, but there
are quite a
> few good ones.

BRICUSSE AND NEWLEY SONGBOOK was published by Hal Leaonard
Corporation, but it is sadly out of print :( ...... it apparently
contained "32 songs from Doctor Dolittle, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate
Factory, Goldfinger, Peter Pan, Scrooge, The Travelling Music Show,
The Good Old Bad Old Days, and other shows and movies.."

DOCTOR DOLITTLE-SELECTIONS was published by Warner Brothers, but
again, sadly, it is out of print.

Warner Brothers Music Publishers have, 'in their infinite wisdom'
decided to replace the previously published music with music from the
new Eddie Murphy film - so now instead of songs such as "talk to the
animals" and "fabulous places" we have "da funk" etc. Oh the times
they are a changing....

Of course, out of print does not necessarily mean out of stock, so
either of the above two versions may indeed be available somewhere.

Good luck,
John

emusic.com