Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sat Dec 8, 2001  3:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Head tone and Vibrato response to Randy

In a message dated 12/7/2001 10:10:59 PM Central Standard Time,
LeaAnn@k... writes:
LeaAnn@k... writes:

> Well, you need to do exercises that disengage suprahyoid muscles and engage
> the depressors. Usually adding a dumb sound will do it. Over time you
> can
> reduce the amount of dumbness in the sound and usually the muscles that
> elevate the larynx have forgotten how to engage.
>

> Okay Randy, the only dumb sound I know at the moment is me asking you
> what exercises you mean. Recommend some?

Mum, goog (using the sound like in book) keeping it really dumb sounding.
Put your thumbs in the area of the larynx and/or under the chin to monitor
for a rising larynx or submandibular tension. If either of these occurs make
it dumber and try to relax the tension you located via tactile feedback.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com