Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sat Dec 8, 2001  4:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Head tone and Vibrato response to Randy

Well, you need to do exercises that disengage suprahyoid muscles and engage
the depressors. Usually adding a dumb sound will do it. Over time you can
reduce the amount of dumbness in the sound and usually the muscles that
elevate the larynx have forgotten how to engage.

Okay Randy, the only dumb sound I know at the moment is me asking you what
exercises you mean. Recommend some?

The aria I have been singing for two months now is starting to grate on my
nerves. It's still far from good...because of my unpredictable head tone (that
sounds like Minnie Mouse on a good day) and there is no vibrato. Is there any
merit in my following my teachers advice about singing in an exaggerated head
tone ala the "snake charmer" ...I am sure you all know what I mean that really
nasal sound.

Lea Ann

emusic.com