Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "takooda" <toda@m...>
"takooda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Fri Dec 7, 2001  10:41 pm
Subject:  Contralto or low mezzo living in San Francisco area?

Hi!

For my thesis research at Mills College, I am comparing the
spectrograms of female singers with those of countertenors. The focus
will be on the singer's formant - my hypothesis is that a woman's
formant will be higher than that of a countertenor's, but that the
general morphology will be similar, at least compared to the singer's
formant of a tenor or baritone.

I won't waste everyone's bandwidth with the details, but if you're
interested in participating, and you happen to be a low mezzo or
contralto, Please contact me privately, and I will send you a draft
of my abstract. It would require about an hour of your time at
beautiful Mills College. email: toda at mills.edu

Thanks, everyone!

Tako Oda
MFA Candidate