Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  RossiniSop@a...
RossiniSop@a...
Date:  Fri Dec 7, 2001  5:44 pm
Subject:  Mel Torme

Lloyd said:

<< Mel Torme is a fine example
of this; he was able to sing a classical style of vocal production
with ease and demonstrated it frequently in his scat singing. >>

Mel Torme had the best technique I have ever heard in a jazz or pop singer.
He made Sinatra and Tony Bennet look like amateurs, IMO. Even up to age 72
or 73, when he died, he was fantastic technically and sounded like a man 30
years younger! His range was incredible---just listen to his upper register,
and how easy it was for him, even as an old man. I even hesitate to use that
term, because to me he is eternally young.

VIVA Mel!!

Elise Curran
Orlando

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size