Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
"Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Wed Dec 5, 2001  11:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Signs of a good voice teacher

Dear Tia,
at the risk of putting my foot in it I've pulled on my galoshes and am
wading in. I snipped your message considerably and hope you and the list
will read the edited version zeroing in on the asterisks.

OK, here's the tough part. I wonder if your teacher hears your voice as a
"career voice" or a "career talent." If she thinks your talent or
musicianship are lacking this could be the cause of her lack of enthusiasm.
I think you should ask her for her assessment of your potential.

Cindy Donnell

>Dear Vocalists:
>I think what I'm looking for is someone who truly
is interested in getting me where I want to go. >I'm thinking about
changing teachers because we've seem to have hit a philosophical impasse.
>My
teacher seems to understand what I want to accomplish, but the guidance just
doesn't seem to be there.

*****I have mentioned my concerns to the teacher, but I sense a lack of
enthusiasm about working vigorously to get me to the place, I'd like to
be.******

Therefore, I think its time for me to look into
finding someone more conducive to my vision. Thank you
for your help.>Tia

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15767 Re: Signs of a good voice teacher Deal Diva Laura   Thu  12/6/2001   4 KB

emusic.com