Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Tue Dec 4, 2001  10:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Aspects of love

You might be right..
I thought of this when I wrote it, but somehow I've never really been
dissappointed by piano-versions of symphonic lieder. However,
honestly, I haven't heard the vier letzte with piano acc.... I just
assumed they'd do fine.... Well, I'll do them myself sometime in the
near future and I'll see/hear how it works then!
:-)
Bye,

Karen wrote:

> It's funny you should mention the Vier letzte Lieder. I thought long
and
> hard about including these, but having heard Barbara Bonney's
recording
> with piano accompaniment, I realised I never, EVER again want to
hear
> these songs done without full orchestra. Sorry - with piano
accompaniment,
> these just don't work, IMO.
>
> Karen Mercedes
> http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
> Verdi and Wagner delighted the crowds
> With their highly original sound.
> The pianos they played are still working,
> But they're both six feet underground.
> - Michael Palin

emusic.com