Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Tue Dec 4, 2001  11:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Effects of bars/nightclubs

I notice significant vocal effects after two pints of english beer, less
from wine. I guess beer is more dehydrating. I agree with your 5/6 days to
get back vocal strength. (I have never understood cast who think a 'first
night party' is a good idea !) I've always had great respect for folks who
can generate sufficient 'party spirit' without the use of alchohol. If you
can party with no alchohol then that's a good first step. Maybe 'allow'
others to take a stronger role in any conversation you're having. Dance
more, talk less ! Alternatively if you want a night out actually
communicating with people hunt out a non-smoking pub with no music.
Fortunately in Bristol this coincides with the local best brewery's own pub
attached directly to the brewery and selling _fantastic_ beer. At least if
I'm going to dehydrate I'm not shouting at the same time ! Also, offer to
drive every time there's an oppportunity and then you have a great excuse
not to drink, and nobody expects you to !

Kevin.

emusic.com