Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Tue Dec 4, 2001  5:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Effects of bars/nightclubs

Ack, Tom!

What shouldn't become chronic is your visits to this club! I'm worried for
you, because what you describe doesn't sound good at all. You know, I used
to LOVE the party scene, but after going through a lot of vocal fatigue, I've
learned to love quiet nights at home watching a movie even more!

I read an interview once with Joan Sutherland, where the interviewer asked
how she kept her health and voice in good shape, and she said, "I live like a
nun." While this doesn't sound like much fun, I've found that a certain
degree of it is so necessary. My non-singer friends will never understand,
and a lot of them just think that I am anti-social (quite the contrary!!).
It's a decision that I knew I would have to make, and I'm so glad that I did.
I would much rather have a lifetime-long career as a great singer, than a
few fun weekends out drinking.

Good luck,
Lauren

emusic.com