Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shuff@c...
Date:  Fri May 12, 2000  7:19 pm
Subject:  Contemporary Arias in English

Hello, List:

I'm looking for something new to sing in English, in the
dramatic/spinto soprano area. I have been hunting around, but
without having a music library around anymore to plunder, it gets
hard!

I am thinking about Vanessa, or The St. of Bleecker Street, or even
something from Argento - like The Aspern Papers. I am already
considering the Papers aria from the Consul. I looked in the Aria
Database for some ideas, and found the Menotti, but know nothing
about it.

Anybody have any ideas, or have excerpted something that worked for
an audition/competition? Or has anyone done any roles that would fit
the bill, and know of an aria? I love Argento's music - anyone done
any of his operas out there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1571 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Leslie Jones   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB
1572 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB
1577 Re: Contemporary Arias in English salparron@a...   Sat  5/13/2000   3 KB
1584 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Marcia & Dean   Sun  5/14/2000   2 KB
1588 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Buffy Hunt   Sun  5/14/2000   3 KB
1614 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Shuff@c...   Mon  5/15/2000   2 KB
1592 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Jennifer Fretwell   Sun  5/14/2000   2 KB
1604 Re: Contemporary Arias in English LMorgan923@a...   Sun  5/14/2000   2 KB
1605 Re: Contemporary Arias in English Mezzoid@a...   Mon  5/15/2000   2 KB

emusic.com