Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Mon Dec 3, 2001  9:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Effects of bars/nightclubs

>I have a rather obvious question about the effect that bars and clubs
>have on the voice.

[clip]

> How long do I
>need to rest the voice to typically get the ring back.

Tom, this seems to be a question that only you can answer. Based on
what you wrote, it seems to be 5 to 6 days.

> My speaking
>voice is fine,

Is this really the case, or do you just not notice the less obvious
effects on your speaking? Given all the trouble you report about
singing I'd be surprised if there weren't also some trouble in your
speaking.

>it's just my singing voice is not as flexible and
>full.

> Also, is everyday speaking detrimental, or does the voice need
>to be rested completely (I need to speak at work, but not too much).

I know plenty of people with well-functioning voices that speak every day.

I encourage you to continue to pay attention to these obvious signs of trouble.

Be well,
John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com