Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Mon Dec 3, 2001  6:37 pm
Subject:  A question of range...

Hi there,
I'm wanting to find out what the liklihood is of a person getting/gaining
top range after an extended amount of time of either bad technique, or age.
I haven't talked to my voice teacher about this yet, and wanted to get
thoughts from all of you.

I'm definitely a light lyric/lyric coloratura/lyrico leggeiro(sp?), but I've
lost my high e-flat and e. Now, this could very well be to bad tongue
position which I'm trying to remedy, but I guess my question is prompted by
my looking through various arias that I'd really like to do for
competitions, and which, for 99.999% of the piece my voice is perfectly
suited to, but for the errant high e or even f. I'm 30 now, and have had 2
children in the last 2 years, but I didn't have my e for several years prior
to that even. I'm not certain that I've had an e-flat or e since I was
around 22 or 23 actually.

Is it reasonable to assume that if I correct my tongue position and tension
stuff that I could get those notes back? Maybe even get an f? Or is it not
terribly likely and perhaps not worth the effort? I'm not saying correcting
the technique and tongue stuff wouldn't be worth the effort, just the goal
of getting those notes back.

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Laura

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15668 Re: A question of range... John Link   Mon  12/3/2001   2 KB
15692 Re: A question of range... michael.chesebro   Tue  12/4/2001   2 KB
15694 Re: A question of range... Deal Diva Laura   Tue  12/4/2001   3 KB

emusic.com