Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "SMSchneider" <smschneider@e...>
"SMSchneider" <smschneider@e...>
Date:  Fri Nov 30, 2001  7:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Female voice changes and surgery

Hi, Didi,

I can recommend a couple of great ENT's in the NYC area who specialize in
singers. Dr.
Anthony Jahn, whose office is on the West Side of NY, and also has offices
in New JErsey, and Dr. Grillo, whose office was on Central Park South, last
I checked. You may be familiar with Dr. Jahn as he writes for Classical
Singer Magazine. I have found Dr. J much more personally accessible; he
spends the time with you that you need. Dr. G is VERY knowledgable, as well,
but much more cut and dry in his approach.

The question of any effect of menopause on the voice is very controversial,
as you may know. Some believe it has no effect at all; others believe it has
a profound effect. I wish you all the best of luck. Please let us know how
everything turns out.

Susan Schneider

emusic.com