Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Fri Nov 30, 2001  10:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] A Sunny Christmas?

Peter B North wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm organising a Christmas Concert of carols from different countries and
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of any carols/songs/traditions from different
> non-European backgrounds. As you can imagine I've got lots with snow and
> wassailing and 'Stille Nacht' etc, but none from say Australia or Africa or
> S. America. I've often thought it must be strange to be singing 'See Amid
> the Winter's Snow' at Midsummer over the barby.
>
> Anyone any ideas?

Have you looked at Navidad Nuestro by Ariel Ramirez (composer of Missa
Criolla)? These are six S.American carols, and quite widely performed
and available on CD with Carreras as a soloist. Can't remember the
publisher, but I got mine quite easily in Britain.

Linda Fox
Cambridge, UK

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
15613 Re: A Sunny Christmas?Karen Mercedes   Fri  11/30/2001

emusic.com