Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Fri Nov 30, 2001  6:43 am
Subject:  Carol-athon...

Hi there,
I wanted to mention an upcoming fund-raiser/charity event that I'm doing for
my opera company, LOLA - Lyric Opera of Los Angeles. If anyone from the
Southern California area would like to join us they would be most welcome.
Please contact me offlist for details and information. Following is our
standard message about the Carol-athon:

**********

Of the several outreach programs to the community planned by my opera
company, LOLA - Lyric Opera of Los Angeles, none is more important nor more
gratifying than our HOLIDAY CAROL-ATHON, where we sing for hundreds of
homeless people, patients, and other less-fortunate individuals at local
homeless shelters, hospitals, convalescent homes and youth homes. Nothing
reaches the heart and soul of a lonely, withdrawn patient like the sounds of
a familiar holiday carol. Tragically, for many, our singing is one of the
few non-institutional contacts some may have over the holidays.

To maintain the organization that permits us to do this worthwhile outreach,
I'm inviting you to sponsor me for caroling. You may pledge a flat amount,
or promise a sum for each carol sung (as incentive to do more). Either way,
your donation is tax deductible. We encourage you to join us in this joyful
and rewarding Yuletide effort.

In addition, if you're a singer and would be interested in singing with us
on December 22nd, please let me know as soon as possible so I can get an
information package out to you right away. The more the merrier - and the
greater the music!!

May the belssings of the season be bountifully yours!

Laura

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15603 Re: Carol-athon... Mezzoid@a...   Fri  11/30/2001   2 KB

emusic.com