Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  peggyh@i...
Date:  Thu Nov 29, 2001  6:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] One of those days :(

promero@w... wrote:
<< Today has been a "should have stayed in bed" day. In my voice class I
learned today that next semester my teacher isn't giving me a full hour, but now
only 30 minutes per week because she has a large
waiting list. >>
<< I'm in a horrible stalemate... if I could afford a better college,
I WOULD have transferred a long time ago, but my resources are -very-
limited and as a foreigner I don't have a right to any financial aid
in the larger colleges. I'm stumped, >>

I'm so sorry you've been put in such a difficult position. My only suggestion
would be to make a decision about what to do in terms of your being a consumer
and the college being somebody you're doing business with0.

You're not getting the value you expect to get for your money. If they don't
give you satisfaction, you consider whether to stop doing business with them
altogether. In your case, options to consider are quitting college for a while,
getting a job, and earning money that will enable you to get better quality
education. Or relocating to a state which has better quality at lower cost
institutions of higher education, residing/working for long enough to qualify
for in-state tuition, and then resuming your education.

If this is not what you can or want to do for whatever reason, you pay your
money, you get the quality of education the insitution offers, you get your
degree, and then you get a job and earn some money and hopefully further
artistic/educational opportunities based upon whatever advantage the degree you
received offers to you. (If that's little or none, I think you should
reconsider your decision to continue with the institution you're currently
attending.)

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Peggy

---