Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Virginija Bruozis Muliolis" <veebee_em@l...>
Date:  Thu Nov 29, 2001  5:11 am
Subject:  Christmas repertoire for sop and oboe

G'day to all-

I'm a newbie to this list- and just wanted to say that I enjoy the often
lively and very informative contributions you all have to share on topics
that involve us singer types and our livelihood!! How great it is to have a
forum such as this one!
I'm finally feeling brave enough to slink out of lurkiness/lurkydom (?!!)
and would love to ask those of you wonderful repertoire gurus for some help
regarding Christmas rep for oboe and soprano....
an interesting dilemma... the music director at the Presbyterian church I
sing apparently unable to secure a trumpeter for Christmas Eve services
announces that "Oh well- we're going to have an oboist, so figure out what
you'd like to do with him...." O-kay, then....
Hey- I'm always up for a challenge...... but in this case, I really need
some help- I'm totally stumped!

I'm a soprano and my voice is not huge but definitely present- lyric in
quality and range (from about A below mid C to high C/C sharp). I'm thinking
of looking at Bach's Christmas Oratorio, but short of that am having a hard
time coming up with other suggestions, especially that are "Christmas"
specific.

Any ideas? As far as I can tell, there are no particular restrictions as to
the genre, though I suspect something in the traditional vein would go over
well with this slightly older congregation.
I would be really grateful for any and all your suggestions.....

Thanks much, and I look forward to your wonderful responses!!

Virginia,
an Aussie in Cleveland

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
15577 Re: Christmas repertoire for sop and oboeTrevor Allen   Thu  11/29/2001
15591 Re: Christmas repertoire for sop and oboeKaren Mercedes   Thu  11/29/2001
15605 Re: Christmas repertoire for sop and oboeVirginija Bruozis Muliolis   Fri  11/30/2001
15740 Re: Christmas repertoire for sop and oboeCraig Tompkins   Wed  12/5/2001

emusic.com