Vocalist.org archive

From:  beth christensen <beth5108@y...>
Date:  Fri May 12, 2000  12:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re:those who can't,teach

I can relate to Beth's earlier post being somewhat
morose because she had just dealt with a difficult
student for an hour.
I do find that students aren't like they were even
10 years ago (in a general sense). There are many
more missed lessons. Also, I am seeing more and more
students who really don't know what a committment is.

Dear People,

I relate greatly to the above statement.
I want to make a difference in a student's life and
help them grow.
I make a committment to them and yet, get so much
jostling from them.
This particular student is only 15 and she has been
with me for three years. Great contemporary voice,
but she has started to really hurt her voice with some
technique she has picked up (not form me I tell you
now) and I am trying to tell her that she is in
danger.
I finally said "You don't beleive me do you?" and she
said "no". So, where to from here?
Ethically, I feel responsible and also dont want to be
taking money for nothing.
And she really is in danger. She tries to sing notes
that are well and truly in her range and nothing comes
out! This is serious stuff.
Thanks for listening,

Beth C

=====
I'm a member of AllAdvantage.com, an Internet company that literally pays you
to surf the Web. If you haven't already signed up for AllAdvantage.com, take a
look at their Web site at http://au.nz.alladvantage.com

When you sign up, please use my member ID klr-763 when asked if you were
referred by someone, or you can just use this link:
http://au.nz.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=klr-763

It's for real...we just banked our first cheque!

http://movies.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ Movies
- Find out what's on at the local cinema with Yahoo! Movies

emusic.com