Vocalist.org archive

From:  tiikeri <tiikeri@s...>
Date:  Fri May 12, 2000  9:36 am
Subject:  Venetian dialect

I'd like to add Rossini's La regata veneziana to
my repertoire. The lyrics are printed both in standard Italian as well as
in venetian dialect. It seems the venetian version of the lyrics is the
original one.

It's very tempting to learn those songs only in standard Italian because
it's
easier. However, considering the general athmosphere, which those songs
convey, I'd like to take the trouble and perform those songs using the
original lyrics. Hence, the question is: How do you pronounce venetian
dialect?

I've just managed to learn the cyrillic alphabet so I feel capable of
learning just anything ;-)

Any advice is appreciated :)

Best regards,

Marika Mielonen