Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  yacovyoung@y...
Date:  Tue Nov 27, 2001  9:56 pm
Subject:  Re: Caring for the voice

HI!
These problems are common with many teachers and speakers, i is very
poossibly caused by numerous things as in breathiness etc. But it
would be hard to pin point just from here alone. I am a pro singer
living in ny that tends to have long live and recording sessions I
find that in addition to my training little tips help.You can firstly
make sure to drink alot swigging some water every once in a while
while wroking etc that can help. In addition try to refrain from
whispering or making your voice to expressive and thereby taking it
out of its regular tone or range. Refrain from screaming thats a big
no no. In addition one can drink certain teas (licorice root) that
have medicinal effects on the throat and can help ease the starina nd
wear. Well there are many more but those are just a few. A little
warm up in the morning (humming and feeling it vibrate by lips etc)
that can help get the blood flowing and thereby prep the voice for
its use. Well feel free to keep in touch (anyone). and good luck with
your voice and all.
sincerly,
Yacov
25/M high lyric tenor