Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Nov 27, 2001  3:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] looking for yet another piece of music...

The only role in Lehar's DIE LUSTIGE WITWE that is sometimes sung by
mezzos is Valencienne, who has only duets to sing.

If you're thinking of Nicolai's DIE LUSTIGE WEIBER VON WINDSOR, however,
there is a mezzo aria for Frau Reich (Meg Page). I posted separately a
bunch of other mezzo arias from German operas. Admittedly fewer for lyric
than dramatic mezzo, but that may be in part because I'm finding German
operas hard to research. For some reason, it just isn't that easy to find
scores for operas by Lortzing and Cornelius, Einem and Henze, in this
country.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

---
Hillaire Belloc's flawed but insightful essay on Islam:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsyl., 1759

emusic.com