Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Sun Nov 25, 2001  10:39 am
Subject:  true cords vs false cords?

Dear List,

Last week, I had a conversation with a friend, who told me that her
voice is produced by her false vocal cords. She's extremely horse and
has a male-like voice. I used to think this was completely due to her
heavy smoking, (which is probably not all together untrue) but she
told me that she was told by some doctor (years ago) that het true
cords have given up and the false ones have taken over.

I knew this is possible, because that's the way some people have to
learn to speak after some surgeries, traumas etc. But in this case,
there was no trauma, no surgery, no leasion. She (my friend) says it's
kind of like the cords are lazy.

So, I wonder: what could have been the cause of this and, more
important: can it be 'cured' somehow and what would that take?

I'd appreciate any information on the subject...

Thanks!

Nande

PS: My posting this after Jennifer's introduction (welcome!) is purely
coincidental.... :-)))

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15503 Re: true cords vs false cords? buzzcen@a...   Sun  11/25/2001   2 KB
15504 Re: true cords vs false cords? Nande   Sun  11/25/2001   3 KB
15505 Re: true cords vs false cords? MFoxy9795@a...   Sun  11/25/2001   2 KB
15507 Re: true cords vs false cords? buzzcen@a...   Sun  11/25/2001   2 KB
15511 Re: true cords vs false cords? Cynthia Donnell   Mon  11/26/2001   2 KB
15659 Re: true cords vs false cords? Karin Mandix   Mon  12/3/2001   3 KB

emusic.com