Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 25, 2001  7:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] looking for yet another piece of music...

Laura,

I know EXACTLY what book you're talking about. An old boss of mine had it...
it has about 4 different sections. There's a section where it lists just
about every single opera and under each it lists the roles and a detailed
description of the fach of each role -- cross referencing it as well, like it
could be sung by a lyric soprano or a spinto soprano.. something like that.
Oh, there's also a section where it goes into great detail about the
fachs.... then there's a section where you look up each character name and
it tells what opera each is in, as well as listing each aria that the
character sings... then there's a section where it lists each Fach, and lists
each role that falls under each Fach (with the appropriate doublings). Then
there's a list of Fachs and it lists famous singers which fall under each
Fach. it is a fascinating book, and I wish i knew what it was... let me try
to find it..and I'll get back to you.

Lauren

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
15506 Re: looking for yet another piece of music...Sally Collyer   Sun  11/25/2001
15519 Re: looking for yet another piece of music...Karen Mercedes   Mon  11/26/2001
15521 Re: looking for yet another piece of music...Imthurn Melinda   Mon  11/26/2001

emusic.com