Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
" Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Thu Nov 22, 2001  11:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 916

I had a great lesson today!
It turns out I've been closing my throat a little throughout my passagio!
I had kind of equated this feeling (the slightly closed throat) with correct
modification and covering of some sort! Today the penny dropped, and I
realised that I can just open my throat all the way through my register, as
long as I modify the vowels (and not the bloody throat!) in my passagio.
The difference is unbelievable. I can't believe how long it can take to
'get' a concept. It's taken me, like, 6 years to be able to open the
throat!

Yours in relief.

Mirko, Tenor

emusic.com