Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 21, 2001  10:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] looking for song

In a message dated Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:09:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, Karen
Mercedes <dalila@R...> writes:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, John Link wrote:
>
> > I wrote:
> >
> > >I think that a great example of a religous song that is not sacred is one
by John Prine called "Good Old Dashboard Jesus". Come to think of it, I'm not
sure it even qualifies as religious!

> > The correct title, if my memory is reliable, is "Good Old Plastic Jesus". He
was on the dashboard but there's no "dashboard" in the title.

Ah, yes - brings back memories... "I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long
as I got my plastic Jesus sittin' on the dashboard of my car...."

> Verse 2 was about "Magnetic Mary", who kept Plastic Jesus company on the
dashboard.

> Karen Mercedes
> http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

Oh, that's just so WRONG!! ;)

Good little lapsed Catholic that I am....

Chris Thomas
Writing from Westminster MD

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all

emusic.com