Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Nande ." <denanny@h...>
"Nande ." <denanny@h...>
Date:  Wed Nov 21, 2001  9:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] looking for song

Hi Monica

Thanks! I'll have fun with it!

By the way, I did a little research on the dutch version, and it is really
just the first verse! Strange, You'd think that when one verse was
translated; all of them are! But, apparently not.

I remember Karen saying the song gets very christian/religious after the
first verse.... Maybe the english text is different, but this one is just
about the tree! (pagan worship... :-))

Nande

>1.
>Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum, wie grün sind deine Blätter.
>Du grünst nicht nur zur Sommerszeit,
>nein, auch im Winter, wenn es schneit.
>Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum, wie grün sind deine Blätter.
>
>2.
>Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum, du kannst mir sehr gefallen.
>Wie oft hat schon zur Weihnachtszeit
>ein Baum wie du mich hoch erfreut.
>Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum, du kannst mir sehr gefallen.
>
>3.
>Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum, dein Kleid will mich was lehren:
>Die Hoffnung und Beständigkeit
>bringt Kraft und Trost zu jeder Zeit.
>Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum, dein Kleid will mich was lehren.
>

>Have fun with this!
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Monika Fahrnberger
>monika.fahrnberger@u...
>http://choralnet.org/~cat/
>phone +43(1)4277-42410
>fax +43(1)4277-42497

15448 A Sunny Christmas? Peter B North   Wed  11/21/2001   2 KB
15452 Re: A Sunny Christmas? arado_ge@y...   Wed  11/21/2001   2 KB
15457 Re: looking for song Karen Mercedes   Wed  11/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com