Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Nov 15, 2001  8:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bel canto competition

For the arias, I'd say one should definitely be "Come scoglio", because
it's the only one in your list that contrasts strongly with the others.
I'd pair it with something very lyrical - if you were to do two Mozarts,
I'd pair it with "Porgi amor".

I'm saying this based on some auditions a dramatic soprano friend of mine
has done recently - in all cases, after she offered "Dich teure halle",
the auditors asked for "Porgi amor" - because it offered the most striking
contrast (serene vs. dramatic).

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

---
Hillaire Belloc's flawed but insightful essay on Islam:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsyl., 1759

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15358 Marking Milena Sertich Grubor   Thu  11/15/2001   2 KB
15360 Re: Marking Karen Mercedes   Thu  11/15/2001   2 KB
15364 Re: Marking Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  11/16/2001   2 KB

emusic.com