Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Diane M. Clark" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Thu Nov 15, 2001  7:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] NATS Membership

I have been a NATS member for 33 years. I first joined because, when I
began my college teaching career at Texas Tech, I was told that all Tech
voice faculty and their students participated annually in the NATS student
auditions. I have remained a member because I have found the organization
very important to my professional growth and the development of my students.

I am especially excited to be bringing together two of my favorite groups
(NATS and Sweet Adelines International) next summer in a presentation at the
San Diego NATS convention. I and my friends will be presenting a session
called "Vocal training for barbershop singers: Special demands of the
genre." Our session will include performances by the international champion
San Diego Chorus and A Cappella Gold Quartet. I hope to see many of you
there.

on 11/15/01 12:18 PM, Kathryn Thickstun Leff at ktleff@h... wrote:

> Dear vocalisters (especially voice teachers and coaches):
>
> Are you a member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing?
> If so, why?
> If not, why not?
>
> Thanks for your time and opinions,
> Kate Leff