Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Thu May 11, 2000  8:52 pm
Subject:  Re: music performance

Hi Leslie:
My 2cents....let your daughter go for music performance.
Case in point:
I had a student with great vocal ability who was a good
actor and a fine dancer. Her parents wanted her to have
something to fall back on so they made her take a science
degree first. Now she's finished an HBA in voice performance
and is 25 years old. People her age have already been
singing or have their masters. She's at her wits end with
what to do next and doesn't want to teach because that's
her only option to have money.
I suggested auditioning for any chorus roles in musical
theatre and opera productions, organizing and working
in a chamber group and getting paying gigs with them,
finding a paid church job and if necessary, accompanying
and/or teaching a small bit, ie, Saturdays for the extra
money. If she doesn't get into the music circle soon she
may never get a chance. At least she's a proficient sight
reader and piano player which gives her something else
from which to pursue music jobs.
Jacqueline
www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
(gifts/costumes/classes & more)
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre)
"There's no business like show business"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1545 Re: music performance Jennifer   Thu  5/11/2000   3 KB
1551 Re: music performance Mezzoid@a...   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB
1553 Re: music performance Marcia & Dean   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB
1567 music performance Jacqueline/Connie   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com