Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Tue Nov 13, 2001  8:58 pm
Subject:  Appriopriate Gig Material and Pay Scale????

Hi,

I've just been contacted to sing at a Holiday party
for a small businessmen's club. I was told that I
could do a few Christmas songs, but not too many
because there are members of religions other than
Christian. The want me to sing for 1- 1 1/2 hours and
provide dinner background music and then continue
singing when they are finished. I don't play the
piano, so I would have to bring a pianist and they
have a piano available. Now, my question is what
other sort of thing is appriopriate for background
music and what should I charge for this thing? Do I
need to add an accompanist fee on to this? If you
can't tell, this is my first gig and I'm excited about
it, but pretty confused.

Thanks,
Trevor

15319 Re: Appriopriate Gig Material and Pay Scale????John Link   Tue  11/13/2001

emusic.com