Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Nov 11, 2001  3:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] obsecure arias?

In a message dated 11/10/2001 8:20:18 PM Central Standard Time,
topsop@h... writes:
topsop@h... writes:

<< I've started my last two auditions with an obscure aria ("I can smell the
sea air" from Streetcar Named Desire) and the directors/adjudicators
absolutely loved it. In both cases they've said that they really appreciate
getting the chance to hear new repertoire, especially since this piece is
up-to-the-minute contemporary. It's beautiful, too. I probably won't use
it as much anymore because I plan on replacing it with Anne's aria from The
Rake's Progress, but I'll defi >>

I've used "It was a phantom dream" from Argento's DREAM OF VALENTINO and
gotten mixed responses. Of course, the company that didn't seem to like it
is one that I don't think too highly of anyway....

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>