Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Fri Nov 9, 2001  6:56 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] obsecure arias?

Good points Susan. And those are what I always wrestle with as well. Do
you want them to have nothing in their head to compare to, or do you want
them to be able to site back and say "She definitely sang that piece a
heckuva lot better than any of the other girls who came and sang it!". I
don't know. It's almost a catch 22 I think. Perhaps it's really a judgment
call based on who/what you're auditioning for that particular time.

It's absolutely true that you do need your own accompanist - hey, even some
of the less obscure pieces require that you bring your own. For instance, I
made the mistake of taking Je Suis Titania to an audition and didn't take my
own accompanist. Of course, I would have, but I was under the mistaken
assumption that this particular audition didn't allow you to bring your own.
Oh well. The minor disaster that ensued can be well imagined. C'est la
vie. Next time...

Laura

emusic.com