Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  arado_ge@y...
arado_ge@y...
Date:  Fri Nov 9, 2001  9:03 am
Subject:  Re: stopping the air

A very good exercise I do to help feel this "stopping of the air" and
controlling it is as follows:

5(G) - 4(F) - 5(G) -3(E) - 5(G) - 2(D) - 5(G) - 1(C)

Do the exercise a few times ... I find it very nice and sits well in
the voice. Then listen very carefully to your first Ba. What you
will probably find is that you are doing a sort of mBa rather than a
very clear "B" at the beginning. Concentrating on this really makes
you think in terms of your support right from the beginning of a
phrase. From then on it is a matter of keeping that same support
throughout the phrase.

Good luck!!

emusic.com