Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
"Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  11:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Tongue tension

Neck and tongue tension respond beautifully to Feldenkrais and Alexander
Technique. Are there
any practitioners/teachers in the Buffalo area? There are web sites for
each. Do a Google
search, www.google.com , for each and you'll find the sites. You can then
find teachers/practitioners near you.
I highly recommend both. Your life and voice will be changed.
Cindy Donnell

>I have had problems with tongue and neck tension for years, along
with vocal fatigue. I thought originally that I had something more
serious, but everything was said to be fine at ENT doctor. He told me
it was probably tension somewhere, and to go to a vocal teacher and
speech therapy. Neither have resolved the problem. There are only a
handfull of voice teachers in Buffalo, and none seem to want to
bother with a problem voice.

Any suggestions on this subject would be immensely appreciated. Also
any ideas on a teacher who could help, that might be around the
Buffalo NY area. Thanks.

emusic.com