Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  5:28 pm
Subject:  spectrum analysis

Ha ha ha that was great fun...listening to myself was a "chore" and not
pleasant really....but this is what I did..I made a wav file of Cecilia Bartoli
singing the first line of Caro Mio Ben....essentially just "Caro Mio Ben" and
then a wav file of me singing the same thing. I analyzed them both and froze
them at the same moment.... What a difference! Cecilia's voice has pronounced
"waves" in it...is that Vibrato? Mine has none...none at all. The bottom bars
in Cecilia's spec were very strong and thick...mine were all the same...thin all
thin. So...what have I learned from this? (and I am laughing so hard now I can
barely type) I suck...I really really stink. (ha ha ha ha) but that's okay
because it's true I haven't been doing this for very long at all...so I am sure
to improve.

Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
15213 Re: spectrum analysisTako Oda   Thu  11/8/2001
15219 Re: spectrum analysisGreypins@a...   Thu  11/8/2001

emusic.com