Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Diane M. Clark" <DCLARK@r...>
"Diane M. Clark" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  4:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] stopping the air

on 11/8/01 11:34 AM, Molly McLinden at verdirules@h... wrote:

> Lately my teacher has told me I sing with too many "h's" in my sound, and
> that I "Stop the air" . Could this be why I have intonation problems
> sometimes?
>
> I am having the HARDEST time hearing these h's and knowing how I am stopping
> the air flow. I am trying what *I* think is legato, yet it does not feel
> right to me and seems..so difficult! Any thoughts?

If you have too many h's, it is because you are NOT stopping the air flow
enough. "h" is an aspirate consonant and is made out of air. To avoid h's
and escaping air, you have to have tighter vocal cords, hence tighter
abdominal muscles.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15226 Re: stopping the air arado_ge@y...   Fri  11/9/2001   2 KB

emusic.com