Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 7, 2001  1:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] church rep...

In a message dated 11/06/2001 4:44:20 PM Central Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:

<< I had planned to do "All good gifts" from GODSPELL, but just couldn't get
my act together to transpose it down - I'm a contralto, and the original key
was intended for the tenor who sang it in the show. Except perhaps for the
ending, which gets a bit "pop", I think the entire song works quite well sung
purely legit, and you won't find a more appropriate Thanksgiving text, IMO.

Karen, you can find that in a much more accessible key (B-flat) in ON WITH
THE SHOW (A collection of showtunes for solo voice, arr. by John Leavitt).
It's published by Warner Bros. The other key I'd seen that in was
ridiculously high, and sung by anyone other than a tenor would result in a
sound like Dino Flintstone (imagine a high yapping sound).

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>