Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Nov 7, 2001  12:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] young stardom

I can recommend two excellent books by two former Hollywood child stars:
"Hollywood's Children" by Diana Serra Carey and "Twinkle Twinkle Little
Star" by Dick Moore. They may not be quite on topic for pedagogy, but they
are excellent examinations of the child star phenomenon.

Aaron (?) Turk's biography of Jeannette MacDonald, "Hollywood Diva," has
interesting insights into her childhood career and her training.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...