Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  10:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: debut

Mirko
I'll add a couple of suggestions to Nick's. I'm a 30 year old tenor, who
has struggled for a long time with that "effortless top" that we're all
supposed to have. It's coming now, but I also have difficulty with arias
like una furtiva lagrima. If you want two contrasting pieces, and this is
just picking two that I could pull off, and you sound like you may be at a
fairly similar place to me, then I would suggest "En fermant les yeux" from
Manon (Massenet), and maybe "Questo a quella" from Rigor Mortis by Joe
Green! Of these I find the Massenet the more difficult, but it does have
some lovely floated lines, and is generally not too high. Neither has high
C's, although they are both genuinely tenor pieces.

Best wishes
Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK