Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  5:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: debut

In a message dated 11/06/2001 10:23:48 AM Central Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:
dalila@R... writes:

<< Also remember that most opera chorus auditions limit the amount of time
they give you. So you're much better off finding two short, sweet arias
i.e., not much longer than 3 minutes and absolutely NEVER more than 4 - >>

I agree -- nothing is worse than bringing in a long aria that you love and
having them tell you: "Could we take this from the Allegro?" when your
mindset is that everything UP to the Allegro prepares you for that part (or
worse yet, you go blank and can't remember just where the score is marked
"allegro" and look like a dork consulting the score). You know, the 26
Italian Songs & Arias book does contain opera arias. I wouldn't necessarily
choose "Caro mio ben" (linking this to another topic) unless of course you
can sing it like no one else can... sing whatever you sound best on.

Toi toi toi

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">