Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  3:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sposa son disprezzata

but I completely
understand the boredom thing ... especially with Caro Mio Ben!!!!

Yes the piece gets really boring! Even in Italian...saying "you are really
keen" over and over can be a drag, and YES I KNOW the translation isn't "You
are really keen"...but basically the sentiment is the same.

I've been working on Vittoria Mio Core! which is great. It was the
piece that made me discover the Bartolli CD. Unfortunately, I have
my moments of absolute frustration with the piece because I don't
sound like Bartoli!

It amazes me how many layers her voice has...singing Se tu ma ami after her (or
any aria for that matter) my own voice sounds so small, and shrill and like one
layer compared to her voice which sounds like many many layers. She is just
amazing. I read that when she stared singing she would work on each single
note until it was perfect...she said she thought of the notes as stones that
went into the building of a house. I know she didn't start lessons until she
was 16 but with two parents who are opera singers how could she really fail?

I was thrilled that my voice teacher gave me two Christmas songs last
week...hurrah! I need a break from the same song week after week.

Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15144 Re: sposa son disprezzata Karen Mercedes   Tue  11/6/2001   2 KB

emusic.com