Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  didigirl1@j...
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  3:50 am
Subject:  Re: I overdid it

Hi Everyone,

I need help - quick. I just did something dumb. I am singing tomorrow
for a church group and have not liked the way that I've sounded in the
last couple of days with the songs that I've selected. So today I
started getting nervous and overpracticing and therefore overtaxing my
voice. Now I've realized that I have been probably coming down with
something and that is probably why I wasn't satisfied with my voice in
the last couple of days. Now my voice feels scratchy and feels sort of
congested. Any suggestions for how to rest my voice, relax and just sing
what I had planned for tomorrow so that I sound okay? I'm planned for
early afternoon. These songs sounded fine last week when I rehearsed
them. In the last few days though feel like I've had to make extra
effort to produce the sound that I had last week - and it just wasn't
working not matter what I did. Any quick tips would be helpful.

Thanks,
Didi

15137 Re: I overdid itlolipastor@a...   Tue  11/6/2001
15138 Re: I overdid itGreypins@a...   Tue  11/6/2001