Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 5, 2001  5:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What did you think of Sweeney Todd?

In an opera workshop class a few years ago, a friend of mine did the funniest
thing EVER with "Johanna". We were supposed to choose a musical theatre song
and then we found out that our assignment was to take it completely away from
the context of the show, write a monologue to precede it, and then perform
the song, staged with your new concept in mind... well his was so freaky. He
played a stalker who would watch his neighbor, Johanna, through the
window...the monologue was him calling her and saying freaky things like,
"Hello, Johanna... I can see you in your pretty red dress...." hahahaha, he
played it SO slimy and gross. Just imagine the lyrics to that song now...
they take on a whole new meaning... "I see you, Johanna..."

Lauren

emusic.com