Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Sat Nov 3, 2001  12:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Your opinions

mike wrote:

> i would describe the subjective term 'spinning sound' as a sound where
>there is oscillation in the overtones but, not the fundamental.

By 'oscillation' do you mean recurring variation in the frequency of
the partials? Is it possible in naturally occurring sounds for the
overtones to varytheir frequency but not the fundamental?

> if the
>fundamental oscillates, i would consider that 'tremolo'.

I thought that that was the situation for vibrato. It certainly is in
the case of a stringed instrument, in which the vibrato is produced
by slightly rolling the finger that stops the string.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com