Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Fri Nov 2, 2001  7:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sposa son disprezzata

LeeAnn,

reading your email about your frustration with Caro mio ben... It made me
think... do you know what you're singing about??? When you wrote: "Tan to
rigouuuuurrr..." It is obvious that you don't know what these words are, or
even how to spell them.. I don't mean to be harsh, but this is important!!!
If you're singing syllables that mean nothing to you, of course you're going
to dislike the song!!! You have to mean what you're saying and want to
express it in order to sing healthily! If you're just droning out nonsense,
you're going to be using the wrong muscles, wrong kind of breathing, etc.

Get an italian dictionary if you don't have one, and figure out what these
words are and make a story in your head about the song. Attach yourself
personally to it, and I promise not only will you enjoy singing it more, but
you'll sing it much BETTER.

Lauren

emusic.com