Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Fri Nov 2, 2001  12:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] musical theatre credits for opera singers

Hi Lauren,

Well, as an opera singer who does both musicals and
pop stuff, I agree with Mike and go for it!

In the UK it's very much harder to 'mix and match'
with the different aspects of the business, which I've
always found ludicrous. I always explain that my biog
and CV will have everything I do in it, and if opera
companies are upset by that, well, that's tough!! I
also comment that musical theatre encompasses both
Traviata, Pirates of Penzance, Les Mis, and Annie!! I
do not see any discrepancy in the form, just the style
in which you happen to perform the said music.

Enjoy Forum, it's got some great tunes in it, and
you'll have a marvellous time!!!

Best wishes,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!